Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Amy here.... Here is my spin on "The House that Built Me" :)

The House that Built Me (at Christmas time) :)

My Spin on Miranda Lambert’s “The House that Built Me”
I know they say you can’t go home again.
I just had to come back one last time.
Sir, I know you don’t know me from Anna
But these teeth marks on the windowsill are mine.

Up those stairs in the corner, right bedroom
Is where we slept and sang real loud.
And I bet you didn’t know, on that patio
It’s where the six of us sat and sipped some drinks.

I thought if I could touch this place or feel it,
The homesickness inside me might start healing.
Out here it’s like I’m growing up.
I think college is helping me find myself.

If I could just fly over there, I swear
Won’t take nothing but my missed memories
From the house that built me.

You leave home, you move on
And you do the best you can.
I get scared we’ll grow apart and get lost in this big old world.

But I promise-I won’t forget Whose I am.
love you guys. 

1 comment: