Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Last day of work

Hey y'all!


Today was my last day of my summer job at Concordia University- Irvine in the Judicial Affairs-Student Conduct office. Bitter-sweet... I am really going to miss who I worked for. Knowledgeable, generous, caring people- they all taught me so much and like I said on one of my facebook statuses, I love feeling like the people that I work with are making me a better person.

Shout out to Karen & Laurie!! I loved getting to know you two better :) love ya!!


It was also really cool to bump into my dad from time to time at work....I don't think I fully understood all that he did at CUI, but now I can say I at least have a glimpse. Yesterday, it was funny, I walked into one of the executive board meetings in Grimm to give my dad his iPad charger and I felt like I was walking into a meeting with the Commander-in-Chief and top military personnel- it was really cool...so legit haha! Lots of smiles and hellos... but still kind of intimidating! :) (If you're ever in Grimm try to take a look in the Board Room... 3rd floor next to the executive suites and you'll see what I mean).


Concordia University Irvine

The sweet part of my summer job being over is that it is just about time for our family cruise!! T-minus 2 days till we fly to Orlando!!!!!! Should be a great trip :) All 6 of us are going and then our friends, Tom, Sheri & Scott are cruising along with us too. We are sure in for a good time.
We'll try to post pictures whenever we can, but it is looking like no cell service & that wi-fi is going to cost money... so we'll see if we get any internet time.

This is how I am feeling right now: I am okay if these couple days leading up to the cruise take forever.... because I know when we get off the ship on August 4th I have to say goodbye to my sister, Jen. <sigh>. <tear>.
Anna and I are hoping to road trip up to her place in Michigan sometime during the school year.... can't wait to see her place in person :)


And yes, I am definitely looking forward to seeing all my Nebraska peeps :) Three weeks, right?


Well that's it for now....I'm off to go work on my tan! ;)


Lots of love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment