Thursday, May 17, 2012

What is dinner time like at your house?

Well, it is good to be home!!
Anna and I arrived back in SoCal on Friday, the 11th and have been soaking up the California sunshine ever since :)
That Friday night, while Anna and I were unpacking, I just started naming reasons why it is nice to be home & then Anna started chiming in too! It all started when I went down stairs to grab a drink from the fridge. I said "Reason #5 for why I love home... Endless stash of drinks!" and then Mom (with a smile) asked, "What are the top 4?" Which led to me and Anna (during our long long afternoon/night of unpacking) randomly blurting out reasons why we love to be at home...
Mom (so glad we got to be home for Mother's Day!!), Pops, Jen (and pretty soon Jon will be home too!), our pup-Jesse, comfortable beds, having your twin as your roommate, free laundry, leather couches (that recline!), endless drinks, being able to chill outside on the backyard patio & bar, Bethany Lutheran Church, good friends to catch up with, no need for shower shoes, minimum wage is higher here :), having a fire place, jacuzzi nights, having 5 different movie theaters within 15 minutes away home, having 2 malls and endless shopping centers close by, knowing where you are (direction wise... everywhere in NE looks North (or South... or East, or West?) haha), being able to go to the beach on our days off from work, and last, but not least, non-Janzow food.

Speaking of food... What is dinner time like at your house?
Typically, on Saturday nights, our family will BBQ outside. While Pops is grilling some sort of meat (my favorite is when he grills tri-tip or tenderloin) the rest of us will be finishing up the other dishes. We'll usually have green beans, multigrain sourdough bread, salad, and a tomato dish (either stuffed tomatoes or tomato casserole). Chicago will be playing in the background, and since it's summer time, we usually have little snacks and drinks while we are getting everything ready. Then we will set the table outside, on the patio, and serve dinner while watching the sunset. Then, when it starts to get dark we will turn on the Christmas lights that hang from the patio cover and just enjoy each other's company... we'll catch up on everything we have missed throughout the year, and simply talk about what has happened at work and what's the new in everybody's lives.

I hope y'all are getting time like this with your family, whatever style it may be :)
I know when I get homesick at school I will play Chicago on my iTunes and while it usually makes me a little more homesick, it sure brings a smile to my face, and before you know it, I am rocking out to "Old Days" and "Baby What a Big Surprise" :D

Miss you Nebraska friends!!
Looking forward to AMANDA coming to visit on SATURDAY!! T-minus 1 1/2 days!!!

Thanking the Author of Life for it all!
Love you guys!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment